Despite anticipation of a no fun(zone) kind of night, I ended up having an quality evening. More on that some other time. I was (rofl)Mao, which came down to not much more than the letters ROFL written across my chest in duct tape and a Mao hat, with a communist tote bag. And, as per usual when I write something across my chest in tape, at the end of the night, there were no more letters. HOW does that happen without me noticing? My best guess is sweating on the dancefloor. I typically blame the girl I was dancing with, but in this case, I doubt that is an option. I only have myself to blame for losing them. A fun time was had by all. Etc. blah blah blah.
Obligatory Work Update

But my work is totally awesome! This is where I spend the bulk of my time. Not the snackroom? Shame on me! Anyhow, the office with the L-desk was a little bit isolated, and this fits my small needs much better anyhow. I still have two computer monitors, though this picture does not show it very well, and I am very near the newspaper and food table. So that's awesome.
If this holiday season at work has taught me any thing so far, it's that retailers like to use Spooktacular to describe the incredible savings their customer is about to experience. Really? Spooktacular? That isn't even a good pun! That ain't Atilla the Pun, or even Crocodile Pundee. Seriously, I feel like my dad would frown on that pun. He would jump in his Toyta Pundra and drive far far away. Shame on you, Katzman.
GO BEARS!!

You all know how I feel about Cal football. Ironically affectionate? Something like that. I had a really good time at the game on saturday. For once, WE intercepted the ball. And we took it something huge like 30 or 40 yards to nearly the 3 yard line. It was huge. We have a up and coming defender, Mike Mohamed, who is worth watching, and Jahvid Best is the man. I wish I enjoyed watching Cal Football when I went to this school, instead of love that was at best ambiguous and at worst, bitterly scathing.
I think it was my viewpoint on the game. As pictured above, I viewed the game from the press booth, wearing a large TV headset and reporting directly to both John, the man responsible for ABC's in and out of game statistics, as well as Caroline, the woman responsible for updating the "bug" or that line of game stats at the top or bottom of the screen at all times. I was the "O-stat" -- short for Official Stats -- reporter. I was a liaison between four schmoos, dedicated to producing a very specific and official play by play statistical analysis of the game, and the ABC television crew. Awesome.
My New Album

This image, of the back cover of my CD, is a rough draft of sorts. So tell me what you think. Really, please do.
Take the time to give it a gander, even if there is really no reason and you might own it someday anyway. The comic on the left side is something that my dad posted on his wall throughout my childhood. I recently rediscovered it. Anyway, that's that. I have a new CD coming out, I just need an opportunity to record it!
No Such Thing As a Guilty Pleasure
I remember the first time I heard electronic music. The song was "Phibsborough" by Westside Chemical. For the love of God I could not find this song on the internet, and as sad as it is, I do not have it.
The first time you hear electronic music is like sliding into a jacuzzi with the jets on light. It feels great, and you relax yourself. Overwhelmed by the sounds, you have a hard time focusing enough to really analyze what's going on. By the time the beat comes in, you're hardly aware of yourself. You have to listen several times to even understand what's going on. Listening to this track, as cheesy as it might initially sound, I was overwhelmed. I had to listen to "chrome knight" two times to really get it. I can't stop. So listen to this track twice. You don't have to like it. For all I know it's really bad.
Weekend Bender: NOV 14 & 15TH
Robot Birgeneau and Hammurabi will be taking it to your domes on November 14th at Stebbins. Bring Carlo Rossi, your A-game on the dancefloor, and your parents. I'll be bringing mine, so say hi to them. They're good people. They made me.
The following night, November 15th, Double Penetration will be penetrating popular culture (and you!) with a big electronic cock. This will be the piece de resistance of the weekend, and we are preparing for it every day. Be there. Wear all white or all black and contact me well in advance so I can get you in. I'm bringing lots of cheap champagne. At 1130 (that time will change), all of you will get up on stage, get a bottle of cheap champagne and stand along the walls. At the correct point in the record, you will release the champagne into the crowd. It will be videorecorded for later pleasure viewing and to commemorate a weekend of complete chaos.
Miscellaneous
Last night I had a dream where I escorted a drunk Sean Connery safely to some kind of protective building unit. The whole time of course, I was chatting him up, and strangely comfortable with it. None of that, of course is remarkable or surprising. This is classic Robin dream behavior.The surprising thing is that, in the same dream, I escorted Stephen Colbert to safety in an automobile, and when we got there, spent some extended period of time chatting him up.
First of all, what were they running from? An army of schmoos, slowly descending upon modern civilization, only slowing down to scratch their greasy bellies and to take snack breaks? I have no idea. The more important question though, and this is one for the dream psychologist in all of us, is : do I hold Colbert in the same light as Connery? I certainly haven't ever expressed that before regarding Colbert. Maybe its a secret admiration.

4 comments:
I dig the track, of course.
That track list is amazing. I am impressed. You have my complete and utter approval.
You know I love the long posts. I apologize for my recent brief ones. As soon as I have the longer ones done, I'll link you to the meat of the matter. And then I'll call you. Just gotta get all my mom's stuff from storage and organize it first before my mind settles.
.......GO Bears. It's strange, I definitely felt the same way, seeing the Cal football game on TV (my dad was watching it). Yeah, and the tracklist is indeed amazing. Jesus, I can't wait for the CD...
I like the style of the trakclist and cartoon. The background is a bit busy and I wasn't sure what to focus on. How is it going to look with the front cover?
Euge,
Did your dad notice any small score, ball position, or statistical changes? because I was responsible for several on air corrections!
Joaq: harsh critique, but thanks. I'll get another version ready and post it up!
To answer your question, I am not concerned with it blending with the front cover at all! I suppose I do not care so much about that.
Actually,
I'll try to get to work extra early tomorrow and produce an entirely different second design that capitolizes on the theme of the front cover. That will be sweet. A lot less personal, but sweet.
Post a Comment