Forever I seek to bring together the world of others and the world of my waking dreams. I am far from unique in this pursuit; it is the unconscious pursuit of all. What may distinguish me, however, is how intimately I feel the urgency of this endeavor. As Paprika has taught us, the human experience of reality demands an acceptance of dreams, as we cannot escape our own constant interpretations and what they reveal; yet furthermore, and more profoundly, the human experience of dreams demands an acceptance of reality, for dreams would not arise were they not tied to earthly psychology. A man who is drawn completely into dreams loses the justification for those dreams; so long as he lives in this world, they will inevitably collapse in on him, crushing him under the burden of was once featherlight.
Most are in danger of forgetting dreams. I am in danger of forgetting reality. The proof of my passion, tied inextricably to duty, is my determination to make my faith real, to bring my dreams to life with my sincerity.
"To an improbable friendship."
TBF Girl smiled at me, as we clinked our sake cups together.
An hour later, I would be singing to her on the street, while she laughed at every TBF pun.
An hour more, and we would be sipping with two straws from the same gin and tonic, listening to Alec, Morgan, and Dunja joke and enjoy themselves.
A few hours more, and we would be making out in her apartment.
Bringing dreams to life.
Happy Thanksgiving, from New York.
3 comments:
Cheers.
Dude, were you thinking about my dirty TBF rap when you stuck it in the @#$% ??
All I could think about were digital thighs.
Post a Comment