Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ready, Set-to, Go!


I'll admit Devin's chronicles from Japan influenced my Tokyo Drift title, and that, in reality, drifting has nothing to do with what I'm up to (although I wish it did). In actuallity, I'm just sharing my new found love of playing Go.

My brother taught me the game when I was a kid (probably 9 or 10 years old), but I always preferred chess because there were fewer permutations for me to rap my head around. Well, starting this winter I began playing Go again. First with Eugene, then with Miles. With my new found free time (knee issues) I plan on greatly upping my Go time. Anyway, I'm short on time seeing as I've made a date with Miles to get some games in this afternoon.

Devin, when you get back you, Miles, Eugene, and I should get together for a good night of Go, Shogi, tea, sake, and marryment. All others shall be invited.

Word.

3 comments:

Ugen said...

I wonder if you know, how we live in Santa Cruz...

Robin said...

for some reason i would be down for that kind of thing. though i admit, i have little skill in those areas. maybe if i got set up with some tea i might provide some music or go on food missions? time will tell how i can play a role in that

PrincipleD said...

I would be so down. I scrounged up a shogi board as per Miles's request, so we're set for that; I fear I may be a little spoiled by Kyoto's superb sake, though. I think it has something to do with the soft water, but they really know what they are doing.

This is the first time I've been able to get on the computer since coming back a couple days ago and it may be a little while longer until I can actually write a bit more because all the computers are occupied with backing up my dad's files, but I'll try to let you guys know as soon as possible what my plans are and when I'm going to be available for sweet stuff.

But hey, the next time you guys see me, I may have my license. Well, I'll definitely have my permit; maybe I should wait until WA for the license. But I probably won't have a car. That's a little ambitious.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible.