Thursday, July 24, 2008

The In-Shapeness Chronicals

After kicking it at the climbing gym with Huge Euge tonight (he learned to belay, the gym has now more than doubled in size for him), I realize that we need an update on the Robin vs. Eugene inshape challenge. When are the competitions going down? Who's the moderator? Can we get some updates in terms of gnarlyness?

From an outsiders perspective, crossfit > vegas for the in shapeness, but vegas might have helped with some of the challanges. Also, if Robin went running in Vegas he gets mad props. When I went during winter break my senior year I made it to the gym 2 times in 5 days, I should have gone more. The gyms in Vegas hotells are sweet, and filled with crazy people. Wow, enough about that, it's time for the competitiors to weigh in.

2 comments:

Robin said...

well, here ya go.

in the last 31 days i have run 92 miles.
i have been getting my average up by running 4 plus miles a day, and have only missed 3 days, quite stupidly.

as of the 14th of this month, i have completely dropped soda, going instead for the following three essentials

a) water
b) milk
c) alcohol

and i have been doing at least one round of alternating pushups and lifts until the number is too large and i cannot continue (i used to call this the 'tate challenge' because of a crazy proselytizer i knew named tate who always wanted me to do these with him).

when i was in shape i could do up to 13. im on 8.

anyhow. that's where I stand. we'll see progress to my satisfaction hopefully in about a month.


eugene?

Ugen said...

hahah, I had no idea there was a competition actually in progress...

but never mind that, I think I'm about on the same path that Robin is. I drink mostly water (with the occasional juice) and have a beer after work. I try to eat less, and try not to eat past 8:00 PM. I've been going to Crossfit on Monday and Wednesday, Hockey on Tuesday and Sunday, and climbing on Thursday and Friday. That leaves Saturday to rest.

I'm definitely more in shape currently than I used to be about two months ago, but I'm not sure what the indicator of that's supposed to be, so I guess we'll just have to see. It's on.