Waaaat?! Pretty much, another post.
Yeah, but this one's a fairly short one.
I just got back from working out. For those of you who I haven't told/haven't heard/just straight-up forgot, I've been working out in this gnarly program called Crossfit (largely because it's free, and got-damn, it'll whip you into shape). I pushed myself extremely hard today - to the point at which if I kneeled, I probably couldn't stand back up - and after a bottle of water, I realized that I believe in two fairly contrasting concepts: moderation, and going all-out (that's not the most eloquent way of expressing what I wanted to say, but I couldn't think of a synonym for the latter). That is to say, for someone who truly believes maintaining balance is crucial for living one's life (obviously a personal preference), I tend to do what I do in extreme amounts. Examples:
1) Diet
On the one hand: Don't have too much of anything, and don't have too little of anything. I don't believe in diets, largely because I think that as long as you have a balanced diet with fruits, vegetables, meats, rice (ok fine, breads), and sure, a little sugar, and work out on the regular, you should be fine. Yes, there are exceptions, but this is a generalized post anyways.
On the other: When it's time to eat, it's time to eat. If I'm going to be eating at a tasty restaurant, I'm definitely not holding back, because there's just so much to try. How could you not stuff yourself?
2) Drinking
On the one hand: I'm pretty sure all of you here believe in this anyways, because none of you are alcoholic. That's about the extent of it.
On the other: See: http://picasaweb.google.com/robin.simmon/ThePosse#5186616666763691506
3) Studying
On the one hand:This may be unthinkable, coming from an Asian and all, but you can definitely study too much. This differs according to the situation, but it's possible (footHILL!). Of course, it's incredibly easy to study too little, as well.
On the other: You should've seen me during EE 143, Microfabrication. Wednesday night was basically reserved for the required all-nighter to finish the homework due Thursday.
When it comes down to it, if I'm doing something, I pour my heart and soul into it, even to the detriment of my body or mind. I think it's a matter of pride. *sigh* Pride, though important, can make you do the most ridiculous things.
Anyways, the actually point of this post was to pose a question to you all: can you think of any directly conflicting portions of your character that may or may not mysteriously work together?
If the answer is yes, please send your replies to the comments section.
If the answer is no, please send your replies to the comments section anyways.
Over and out.
-Lieutenant Lee
P.S. I realize that this post isn't actually as short as I thought it would be. I kinda got sucked into it.
7 comments:
alternative link:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/robin.simmons/R_qQYOiSBfI/AAAAAAAAACo/qnCxPsD47r4/bestever.jpg
Musical Taste
On the one hand
I am a REAL house music elitist. I believe that house music is a calling and that people who care about it and love it are able to reach a higher plane without drugs. I think that in order to understand and love house, you have to know its history and you have to work to understand it.
On the other hand
I despise musical elitism. I think caring about what band a person likes is ridiculous and a waste of energy. I think that all music is good if you hear it in the right context. I think that all types of music deserve credit and that we have to embrace every one of our guilty pleasures. Only when you do that is it clear what you actually do and don't like -- and there is nothing to be ashamed of.
Well I want to shmoo it up when it comes to call of duty....but despise shmooing it up by watching GHOSTHUNTERS..uhummm Robin....
When it comes to discussing certain issues dealing with politics, history...however rational or moderate I would like to think I' am, I realize it can all be superficial.
I can sit here and be very even and rational about an emotional and divisive issue like Khalistan. Was Bhinfranwale likely linked to the deaths of innocent people. Likely. Was he at fault for storing weapons in the Akal Takat. Yes. Would a separate state be politically and economically viable. No.
Knowing all this,
If I was at Amritsar on 4 June, 1984, could I stand idly by and let events unfold?
hmmm...reason flies out the window.
Eugene, it's true that crossfit will whip you into shape, but it's also true that it makes your boobies big. Just FYI. Also, Miles got a climbing gym membership yesterday and is taking the basic safety class on Saturday. So, now you have a climbing partner during my rehab stint.
2 things...
1. Eugene: as king of the internet you should have no problem uploading photos onto your post.
2. Ghost Hunters is two words. And when we're having paranormal issues, you'll be happy someone knows how to communicate awkwardly with the spirits from the beyond. "If you are there tap twice. Just a gentle tap so I can hear it... MY GOD! did you hear that?!"
Hahaha, point, Mr. Nagle...hopefully it doesn't get to that point.
Post a Comment