Sleep: None. Alcohol Tolerance: High. Sun: Piercing. Bros: Rampant.
Going Big In Chico.
At the end of the tournament in Chico I took a shower at home. My head, under the water, felt like a mine field. Lots of little explosions of pain all over my scalp. Apparently, I was so stressed out that I picked about 25 holes in the top of my head, causing it to break skin in various little painful areas. The best analogy I can make is potholes.
At the end of the tournament in Chico I took a shower at home. My head, under the water, felt like a mine field. Lots of little explosions of pain all over my scalp. Apparently, I was so stressed out that I picked about 25 holes in the top of my head, causing it to break skin in various little painful areas. The best analogy I can make is potholes.
Chico wasn't that bad. Its true. I had a good time, and the company was about as good as it gets. It's easy to see why Joaq would be so involved in a frisbee community when those involved are so fun, and nice.
Still a lot of 'frisbee community' insiderness -- but that's how its supposed to be at a frisbee tournament. Let your freak flag fly. The good news is that a good number of them are functional human beings outside of frisbee as well. And a good number of those are fun to hang with as well. So I had a good time.
I lost my drivers' license, student ID (damnit!), debit and credit card. Thankfully (for Joaq) I was able to recover my hotel room key. I spent a good amount of money on two hotel rooms and food, whereas I spent both nights in the fetal position on the floor of James Yeager's hotel room (the first night I had a bed option that I did not understand). I was not able to work out and was not able to get remotely drunk off beer, remaining remarkably sober and upset at the end of the night -- prompting hugs from lots of nice people that know me.
Unfortunately, I just felt far from home. Not in a "I'm not gonna make it" kind of way or a "need comfort badly" sort of way. Just in a "bad acid trip" kind of way. A sort of irritating, extended uncomfortable inconvenience.
was a movie frat. It was animal house on overdrive. Strange and ugly.
But I'm home now. It's sad that I had such a bad impression of the events. The music was so good (electric feel remix, daft punk, justice, motown), but the dancefloor was not so epic. Just really bro-freaky. A little bit farther back, high school style dance circles gathered.
I think lovefest was too good for me. Hard to enjoy parties anymore. I want to rock that hard everywhere. Not always possible. And the opportunities seem to slip by narrowly now.

2 comments:
Don't worry man...I'm pretty damn sure November'll be epic.
Yes, thanks for recovering the key to the hotel room. I'm sorry you won't remember the weekend fondly, but I am always happy with your company.
"The frat...was a movie frat. It was animal house on overdrive. Strange and ugly.
But I'm home now."
Very poetic. I hope I can see you soon.
-'frisbee community' insider
Post a Comment