Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Avalon Pheonomena

Avalons. What is the secret of the Avalon? What makes them so incredibly desirable to the members of this web page and why do I look so damn good standing next to mine?
Could it be the sweetness of the leather interior? The automatic locks that actually automatically lock? The air conditioning that emits truly cold air and not just recirculated air pulled out of the scorching Sacramento valley? Could it be the awesome gas mileage that makes road trips more enjoyable and the music sound clearer, while making the Canyonero look like a pitiful version of the giant gas-guzzling Escalade, only without the bragging rights?

Most of you have not seen the gloriousness of my new car yet, but it goes along with this whole grown-up facade I'm trying to put on: New car, New apartment, New job, New boyfriend. Because you see, the way you look driving up to one of the most profitable advertising agencies in the nation every day is important. Maybe its just LA talking, but the Avalon allows me to drive in style.

And the reason for this post isn't just to brag about my new car and to tell you about how I think the black color makes it look so much more slick, shiny and grease lightning than Colonel's and Eugene's classic old-people car colors: beige and grey. What I am actually asking for is a little bit of help. Because as you know, every great car needs a great name. And "The Avalon" just isn't going to cut it in this circle of friends, because theres just too many cars that could answer to it. So, please, suggestions are more than welcome.

Possible Car Names that have already Been Suggested
(mostly by the fine creative expertise of my dad and broski):

Black Beauty
Black Magic
Black Widow
Shadow
Coal
Trash Bag

Can you do better?

xoxo -K

5 comments:

Robin said...

I think I suggested Black Betty
Also, Black Cock
Black Schmoo (nice?!)
Othello?
The Darkness
The Dark Knight

MCJoaqabout said...

I like The Darkness, it has little bit of 'I believe in a thing called love' and a little bit of Dave Chappelle as Rick James.

Also, every car name could use a good 'The' in front. Like 'The Trash Bag' or 'The Night Racer'.

Ugen said...

REPRESENT! UH!

Also,

- The Dark Crystal
- Black Chax

ColonelB said...

OMG we need to form an avalon club


Black stallion

Die Schwarz Auto!

Black and Tan (if you have the tan interior)

Black to the future...yes

Avachax

Midnight train

ColonelB said...

hey my car is silver not gray...shmoo!