Saturday, September 6, 2008

A List of Sorts

So here I am, sitting in my home in Scotts Valley (represent), preparing to write a post in the classic Lee style: meandering.  Much like I speak, really, now that I think about it.  The temperature has just gone down from 95 to 75ish, my laundry's washing currently, and I just finished a delicious home-prepared meal of pasta and panko-breaded chicken.  Something like this:

panko breaded chicken breast.jpg 
and
pasta5.jpg
Man, it's been a while since I've had the time to write a full-fledged post, so this is going to be satisfying...anyways, here we go with this random, possibly non-chronological list of events that summarize my life in the past month or two:

1) Started work.  I mean, ya'll knew that, but thought I'd start there.
a): My first paycheck! That's right, no more unpaid summer internship.  What now?

2) Due to the massive amount of time I was spending at the office (including sleeping there a couple of times), my cousin Brian and I were offered an apartment for employees directly above the office.  While that sounds like I'm stuck in a horrible situation, the apartment itself is actually pretty sweet, as Mr. Simmons may tell you.  Also, it's smack in the middle of downtown Santa Cruz, so the location is fantastic too.

3) Plenty of working out and such.  I try to keep up a schedule of working out/playing hockey/climbing roughly six days a week, but it's difficult to do regularly.  It's great though...I feel much, much more active than I used to in B-town, so I've already achieved part of my physical goal.  Also, good god it's nice to play hockey again.  It's been way too long.  (as a side note, my team just won the finals of our four-team league.  Suh-weet! Hahah...)

4) I'm investing! Yea, big-timin' it now.  Well, not really, since I just started, but man is it weird to talk to my dad about what I should be investing in.  Yet another step into this crazy crazy financial/corporate world.

5) I got to see both my sisters, and got to see where Anna A. Lee is planning her wedding.  It's at the Ritz-Carlton at Half-Moon Bay, and it's going to be quite the affair, if she has her way (which she will).  It's going to be sick.  I wonder what it's going to be like being drunk on the bubbly with family members...?

6) Saw Obama's speech.  I always find it so interesting how the candidates have to promise to solve so many problems, although it's practically impossible to do everything they say.  On another note, 
ObamaObamaObamaObamaObaObaObama...

7) Visited Berkeley for the first time since I started working.  It was, of course, sweet as hell.  Got to see the normal Berkeley fools, KChax and BroChax, Ms. Lono, and Wok.  Was the first time I got drunk in just over a month, and man did we take advantage of that.  The best demonstration of my state at the time was when, a week later, Joaq and were talking about what we did last weekend:

Me: "Dude, what were you up to last weekend?"
Joaq: "Man, I was up in Berkeley.  Where were you?"
Me: "Umm, I don't quite remember, lemme think about that..." 
Joaq: "You should've been...wait, you WERE there.  Oh, I know what you did last Friday..."

8) Southern Cookoff pt. 2: UH! YEAH! Big love to the Orser family, that was definitely an experience to experience.  Southern Cookoff pt. 3...? Who knows...

9) The day after, went to the Fitzpatrick-sponsored event dubbed "Asiaphile night".  Sweet jesus, that wax apple and pineapple Chinese liquor was gnar.  Sake was pretty good though, and the Shougi was a lot of fun.  Wish I could've stayed all night...definitely would've been down to play Go or something for hours on end.  Ah, that sounds nice.

10) Made it to Col. Sanghera's pre-birthday bash for dinner.  Sir, you need to take a picture of the gift and post it on here, and at some point I'll get the picture of Milosz in it as well.

11) Put a down payment on a new car today.  It'll be a 2009 Audi A4, and damn, though I'll miss my trusty Avalon, I'm excited.  Apparently, it's going to be 3 months before it gets here (what with the factories being in Germany and such), so we'll see when it gets here.

You know, if I thought more like Scaburu-san, I would definitely label this the beginning of an 'arc' in my life, but of course, that's not how I am.  Then again, I did just mention it, so that act in itself is a sign that that thought exists in some shape or form.  Hrmm... 

The Epic of Eugene Lee
or
ELeegal: The Life, the Legend (props to Corn for that name)

If anything, I can just put it in the appendix to David Lee's bestselling Why I'm a Pimp.

P.S. Mr. Fitzpatrick, could you send me your address? Expect a horrifyingly late gift at some point...

3 comments:

PrincipleD said...

Word up, here it is for everyone:

2319 N 63rd St
Seattle, WA 98103

Thank you all for your birthday wishes, and for coming to see me in Berkeley; I had an excellent time, in spite of the difficulties inherent in trying to see as many people as possible when you're a guy like me, and those that were self-inflicted (thanks again, Joaq). I apologize for my recent silence; I have been intending to make a post here, but there are still some things I want to take care of first. It's tough for me to get energized when I'm by myself. But it's not quite like sophomore year. For one thing, I'm not TBFing.

Well, not much.

You'll hear from me shortly...

MCJoaqabout said...

Eugene, I wore khakis with my collar shirt on Friday, mostly because of how pimpin' you were looking on Thursday. Anyway, in said getup, I went to golfland in SJ and played some free mini-golf with Miles, Zak, and Brian. I guess my point is that you should have been there, and hopefully you can be if we do it again.

When are you free this week? Let me know.

Robin said...

broseidon

your pics are bust! what up?