Monday, April 7, 2008

New Zealand: Not Just Where Lord of the Rings Was Filmed

In front of the Free Speech Movement cafe is an assortment of international newspapers. Often these newspapers provide a relevant and fascinating selection of international news from international angles, keeping otherwise apathetic Berkeley students vaguely informed of world events and important happenings. Newspapers from the middle east, china, and india keep people posted on areas that are hotbeds of important events.

However, the New Zealand Herald consistently provides the finest news of all. Last friday, the cover story was about a police officer who caught a car theif naked. (see http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/story.cfm?c_id=344&objectid=10501522 if you don't believe me) Notice how the police officer bears a slight resemblance to Allen Morrow. But today's story merited more attention. I'm beginning to see a pattern here, and i certainly see a schmoo.


The full article can be found here, though without the exciting picture.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10501993

1 comment:

Ugen said...

I gotta say, I like the idea of you standing in front of the FSM Cafe talking at the newspaper with people walking by behind you...