Monday, April 27, 2009

Reasons

Two different tracks that remind me why I loved electronic music in the first place.

I am increasingly convinced that resisting the flow of time, technology, progress cannot possibly be the more beautiful and awesome path.  Music is the most interesting way to reach out to the future.

Sebastian Tellier - Kilometer (Donovan Remix)


rolling in around 115bpm of beautiful, genreless electronic music.  
I can't even tell if it's good or not.  I have no way to judge it.  It's just pure pleasure.

The high notes of electric piano that kick in about 2/3 of the way through remind me of "summer madness"


Mini Viva - Tokyo (Treasure Fingers Remix)

Something about this track made me cry on bart.  Oh come on, not in THAT way.  I was just super overwhelmed by it and didn't expect it as it cruised in during the final stretch of Treasure Fingers' Winter 2008 Mix.
I don't know what, but it's absolutely sick, and you can expect to see my play it on thursday and on May 9 in Santa Fe.  How on earth do you make bass sound like that?
The future is definitely some sort of sexy paradise, I am absolutely convinced.

2 comments:

MCJoaqabout said...

Love the second track. I'm sure the future is sexy, but from the looks of things it might be a sexy distopia.

I was just in NY for a few days last weekend, god I love the city, I'll have to post about it. Still need to go to the Brooklyn bridge though. Maybe one day.

Robin said...

sexy distopia, to me, a little bit sexier...

like i said to miles at lovefest2k8:
"if this is what babylon looks like, I am down"

granted, sun setting over city hall in SF with people dancing all around you and loud, accessible music isn't every day in babylon!

yeah, post about ny! post a song w/ it that summarizes nyc experience for you