Sup guys,
So here is my plan, after conferring with Colonel B, Eugene, and my old friend and soon to be housemate Daniel Otero:
Arriving in Oakland on Thursday the 21st of August, 6:30 pm
Leaving San Francisco on Tuesday the 26th of August, 4:20 pm
Here's the idea: my birthday is August 27th, and I was hoping to spend it with you guys. Furthermore, Otero's birthday is the 31st, and he happens to be in San Francisco working with Google over the summer. Before I went to Japan, we hoped to meet each other there. However, it turns out that, due to his family situation, his dad really wants to spend time with him and he wants to go back to Seattle for his birthday; when I called him to find out what was up, he had bought a plane ticket leaving for Seattle on the 26th. To make a short story even shorter, I'm now on the same flight that he is -- in the same row no less, coincidentally -- and I'm looking forward to being in Seattle for my birthday for the first time in... a while. Nevertheless, I and he are both excited to be spending a weekend together in the Bay Area and hopefully kicking it with all of you that can make it. Monday night I'll probably kick it over to San Francisco because Daniel has promised me free food at the Google compound, and who can say no to that? But the rest of the time I'll be staying in Berkeley; I can probably make a bed out of all the boxes I made Robin and B hold onto for me.
I was very much enthused about Joaq's shogi/go/sake/tea night idea, and after speaking to Eugene, we think the best night for that would be Sunday, the 24th. Obviously, I have acquired the requisite shogi board, so Miles, you should show up so you can take it home with you. Let's buy some Oni-Karakuchi to drink with it. And maybe even some Chiew Ye Jing Chou. I know Josh would be down with that for sure.
In any event, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up early in advance in this brief interlude where I have access to a computer. Being unable to write with the vigor that I did in Kyoto because of that, I've had to unload the excess of my philosophizing over the phone on Sarah and Eugene, and no one deserves that. So, I've still got a /lot/ of stories to tell, even if you did read my long post. I look forward to visiting once more before my epic Seattle quest begins, and not ordering a Mojito from Robin, even though the one I had in Kyoto at my second dancing experience -- which definitely did /not/ suck -- was pretty good.
So if you, like, want to join the party, be prepared to level up hella times.
Passion and booty,
Prince Vandalar
3 comments:
hey man!!!
sounds awesome. whatever you want to do, i'll make you drinks all night. you can have a couple mojitos dogs, no te preocupes nada.
just tell me which days you want me to take off work.
i know there's a southern cookoff in santa cruz on the 23rd.
holler at me
R
southern cookoff on the 23rd followed by Asiafile night on the 24th? Sounds sick!
i may have to work on the 24th. i'm not sure yet. will let you know asap. but i requested the 22 and 23rd off. i'm hoping to get some beer pong santa cruz kind of stuff in that weekend. or just champagne and parties. or you know, whatever a well-to-do young man from berkeley would want from a santa cruz trip
Post a Comment