I have returned from the monastery, only to find myself at the Orser monastery at Wild Flower Lane, once again sequestered in the woods without human contact.
Thank god for the internet, mayn!
I learned much in my weeks among the seekers of peace.
Accept things as they are, and help them to be their best, I was told. The revolutionary in me balked at the idea, while the apparent passivity offended me. Then I thought what it would be like for someone to treat me this way, to relate to me with this maxim in mind, and I realized what it was meant to be about. Think about it for yourself: what more can we ask of those close to us than for them to accept us as we are and help us to be our best? I would be an exceptionally happy man if everyone around me did that for me.
Just figure out what works for you, that's the truth, they said to me. That's your truth, and no one else's, so don't bother trying to convince anyone else. And they didn't try to convince me; they never even said that to me, in fact. They just let me feel it, see it, understand it, on my own. And it works for me. So now it's mine. And I'm convinced in the absence of convincing.
May today be tomorrow night's dream.
3 comments:
Can we make a group trip to the monastery at some point? I think it'd be amazing.
you're right...that'd be SICK.
yo dude
i'm usually pretty much about that with friends. to be a true realist, you have to realize that shit is going down in one direction or another, then see what you can do to make it better.
there might be certain situations where taking control can be positive (ie no one that's in control really wants to be, and would be happy to be replaced, like tired drivers on a road trip), but then in that sense, that is the best thing you can do.
this seems like a bit of a thought experiment, but i think it's nice. i'd like to hear more honestly
holller.
Post a Comment