Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Read & Listen, Por Favor

I'd like to start by saying that I have never felt this strongly about a recorded mix I've made before.  When I listen to it, I can hear so many of the changes in my life, so many of the things that have gone right.  I'm really happy that I have this to share. Better yet, that it was recorded live with an amazing and energetic dancefloor at a wonderful party put on my close friends in a downtown SF former-retail space, with none other than Audio Soul Project (longtime favorite of mine).

I'll start by noting that there weren't too many people at first, and when they did come they were a bit awkward. But right around 50 minutes into my two hour set, things caught.  People were listening to the music, and dancing to it, and reacting to it.  They seemed incredibly open minded and always willing to get down.  Why not?  It's now or never right?  So I really pulled my ass into line in order to deliver a serious set.

This is the final result.  For those who still check this, please listen!  Whatever craziness I have gone through in the past couple years, try to look past it and see this.

I've got a long way to go before I am satisfied with my work and my music, but the wheel-of-death is gone and the next page is loading.  It feels really good.

http://soundcloud.com/robinsimmons/robin-simmons-live-mazi



Robin Simmons | Live @ Boombox Affair presents Mazi | 10/8/2011
recorded live on CD & vinyl for the Boombox Affair

Wipe the Needle | I Made It (Instrumental)
Oliver Koletzki | Going Places (Original)
Mercury | Sweetness (Original)
David Ospina | Got Love (DJ Lego Reprise)
DJ Dealer | Soul Food (Original)
The Pipesmokers | Gypsy Wondering (Original)
Ross Couch | Turn It Up (Original)
PolyRhythm | AfroCuba (Mr. V Mojito Mix)
Kyodai | Mi Rumba (Original)
JohnnyDangerous | Clear My Mind (Aki Bergen Dub-o-matic)
Guy Robin | Suono Del Cielo (Original)
JohnnyDangerous | Emerald City (Supernova UseTheSample Mix)
Jeremy Joshua | Runaway (Original)
Mike Newman | Soul II Soul (Original)
Mike Dunn presents the MD X-Spress | God Made Me Phunky (HCCR Remix)
Solomun | Hypnotize (Original)

By all means, comment.  On the blog, or on soundcloud if you have an account.  Please let me know what you think of it!  I appreciate any and all feedback.

besos,
Robin

No comments: