Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Symphonic Fantasies


Janelle Monae ft. Big Boi - Tightrope
I'll see your Wynter Gordon and raise you this, Robin, courtesy of Adrian Harris. If only I could fuse those two videos. I think I'd have my perfect fantasy.


Kaine / Salvation
from NieR: Gestalt & Replicant


Kaine / Escape
from NieR: Gestalt & Replicant


FANTASY II - SECRET OF MANA
originally by Hiroki Kikuta, arranged by the WDR Rundfunkorchester Koln

This city is my paradise. I want to move ever swifter, and engrave these dreams upon the heavens. Every facet of my existence is gleaming all as one, each disconnected element united in a single story, swirling about my fingertips, the center of my narrative's gravity.

Which reminds me that I need sew a button back on my shirt before my teaching job interview on Friday.

The first two tracks are from the game Robin and I are currently playing together, a flawed diamond that has arguably one of the best game soundtracks of all time and a mysterious grip on my heart, an inarticulable resonance for the first time since perhaps Persona 3. The last is from one of my favorite games, and the sequel to the most significant game, and first RPG, I ever played. I love the music from Secret of Mana, though the composer hasn't done much else.

The arrangement is from an album I've been awaiting for about a month: a live German orchestration from a year ago. I know it's long, but the truth is, I wept listening to that track. I thought to myself:

"Someone else thinks this music is as beautiful as I do."

3 comments:

Robin said...

that video was amazing. thank you devin...

in response i offer you something i know you know about, but maybe haven't thought about in some time.

enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyiRBeGQf0s

Ugen said...

yeah, seriously...that video is sweet as hell.

MCJoaqabout said...

can't stop watching that video, for real