Sunday, March 29, 2009

Boss In Drama -- Favorite Song

I just want to say that Pericles (aka Boss in Drama) is an exceptionally nice individual.

Very impressed. He did a tune called "Favorite Song" that I really enjoyed. Upon request he sent me the parts of the song so I could produce a remix.

Boss in Drama Favorite Song (Hammurabi's Future Dance Edit)



So there it is!
I'm really stoked about the whole thing. Let me know if you like it.

7 comments:

PrincipleD said...

Superb, man. I really dug the previous version you released too. In some respects I think I might even like it better (it had a more hacked-up feel that I found charming and engaging, if less conventionally danceable), but-- this one definitely feels more "complete". I'm getting a strong Berkeley Theme Song vibe.

Is it available on oaklandsoul? I didn't see it, though I did see a few other versions I didn't recognize.

Robin said...

drop.io/dance2thefuture

thanks for listening mang! glad you enjoy and i'm sorry if i failed to improve on my original ghetto-edit

JPHATocracy said...

Oh my god. So as you might have guessed by now, that glitch (is that the right word?) sound that creates the beat fascinates, asphyxiates, and tantalizes me and you are the best at making it on the planet. Excellent song.

Robin said...

stretch any sound out then employ a trans-filter on a djm 600 mixer -- you can get that rhythmically scattered feeling that still has groove.
or just volume reduce alternately on 64th notes after halving the speed :)

glad you enjoy! thanks for your feedback mang, haven't seen you in a bit.

you going to coachella?

PrincipleD said...

It's not easy to improve on what's already incredible. But after many more listen-throughs, I think I've changed my mind and like the new one better. Not that anyone should be trusting my musical judgment.

My most listened-to playlist is the one full of all your songs, for whenever I need to summon heroes with whom to share absurdity.

JPHATocracy said...

Not sure I understood any of what that first part meant, but I'll keep it in mind, thanks!
I actually am not attending Coachella this year, sad as I will be about missing MSTRKRFT. It's just too pricey and too close to finals week, and I need to save up for Melbourne as best I can. However, I will be in town from May 15th/16th (21 bday!) to the 20th, so we definitely need to see each other if we can then. Also if you're going to Coachella you are of course more than welcome to sleep here on the way.

Robin said...

sleep there on the way?
why would i join you, only to sleeep?

that is madness. I'll let you knwo what the plan is as it develops more.