-The Man in the Suit aka "Donald"
"I don't think there is anything wrong with eating the corn just as it came. But it's been in that can for a truly long time. I decided to microwave it a little, just to switch things up, you know? Get it out of it's usual state"
-Me before corn challenge, day 2 dinner.
---
Last night I met a truly incredible human being. He was the only other guy at the "missouri" bar who was wearing a suit, and I think he may have felt as connection between us (as I clearly did). The longing stares developed, and with encouragement for, I approached him. He was staring quizzically at the jukebox.
"What's with this jukebox anyway?"
"I know right."
"I guess it doesn't matter since they're not using it anyway."
"Right!"
"How's it going? You are dressed very nice. Are you from this area?"
Conversation proceeded from there as you would imagine it should. I assumed he was a professor, and informed him that that assumption was based on his "professorial aura" and he should take it as a compliment.
He began to tell me about his new book. It is a romance/sports novel about a confused and romantic young man with a dual obsession: the world cup, and a beautiful European woman who is right out of his grasp. Nice.
The story takes place day by day, like a diary. He used the word "diary" several times. However, each day make take place in a different year. It is as if this mysterious and sexy young man is time travelling every day to a new year.
The real Donald, stuck in the present moment, and unable to magically transport himself, stood near the DJ for most of the night, but was nice enough to say goodbye when he left.
I actually really liked him. I'll read that book. He seems like a good writer.
---
CORN CHALLENGE
I am eating only corn for three days in order to change the contents of my feces. I know that sounds horrible, but it's more about the willpower aspect. I have been eating meals of corn only.

this is an example of the kind of thing that constitutes a meal nowadays.
I will keep the 0 readers of this blog thoroughly updated on the Corn Challenge as it progresses. It is truly the good life.
No comments:
Post a Comment