Monday, December 11, 2006

Sometimes you just need to Kart

I'd like to preface this by stating my dislike for people who talk constantly about their dreams as if they mattered greatly to others. Dreams, if they don't include your friends, or offer some humorous insight into the lives of your friends, are irrelevant to them. Talking about your dreams without that important link is irritating and rude. And it's exactly what I'm about to do. I'm aware of that, and I'm just going to have to become okay with it. Perhaps I'm going to have to become more of a douche. Maybe that's the price of self-expression.

In my dream, three girls that I knew came over to my house to play mario kart with me. This was not a situation where I was trying to get action, if the video game didn't make that unavoidably clear. Pretty cool scenario though. Chilling with some cool people playing mario kart. But they brought a guy along, which could change everything.
Fortunately for me, a few factors were working in my favor. Firstly, he was neither attractive, nor single, which would prevent the girls from creating excessive flirting scenarios that might ruin my mario kart experience. Secondly, he was not the kind of guy that would ruin the dynamic I was trying to create. Maybe implying that I was trying to create a certain dynamic in my dream is a bit much. I'm not sure how much of that was in my control. But when I saw this dude walk in the room, my dream officially became a good one. And it's because of who he was.
I'm sure when a bunch of girls just want to have a girls night out and enjoy some tasty food and maybe a romantic comedy, they are trying to create a dynamic. If they were going to a bowling ally for instance, they might be trying to have some time with just that small group of girls. There's nothing wrong with that. If one of them to was to bring their friend, and that friend was the kind of girl that was just looking to hook up or meet a cute boy, that could really change things.
Her friend might not engage with the other girls as much. She might be hitting on the guys around them, dragging oblivious dudes, like hungry dogs, into an unwilling group of girls. Not fun. This is doubled when the genders are reversed. In those rare social situations where the guys are not hitting on every girl, the vibe can usually be spoiled by only one guy who decides that his sexual success is more important than social interaction with his friends.
Not being that type of homie myself, I often have to abandon social situations when romantic predators enter the scene. Well fuck that, this was a good dream, and this guy, he wasn't about to fuck up my good vibes.

I don't remember much else of what happened, but boy was I satisfied to see happy little ryan with pubey facial hair and an absentee girlfriend roll up on my scene. I'm sure we had a great time.

No comments: